Clarity of Information
Wonderful opportunity for overseas students in Bulgaria.
The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) is an independent institution that attracts young talents and outstanding senior scholars. It offers them institutional conditions in pursuit of knowledge and dialogue. The Centre partners with organizations to re-establish the tradition of intellectual communities.
The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia), incepted in 2000, has a strong international and interdisciplinary orientation that promotes freedom of research, scholarly excellence, education and intellectual creativity in the fields of humanities and the social sciences. It is a member of the network of Institutes for Advanced Study and has engaged in development specific to national and regional needs.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2023 is the last date to apply.
- University or Organization: Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Stipend, Accommodation and more
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Bulgaria
- Eligible Countries: Students from Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, China (only Tibet and Xinjiang Autonomous Regions), Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates can apply for fundamental historical research in the field social sciences and the humanities in Bulgaria.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be citizens of an eligible country.
- The candidates must be below the age of 45.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The candidates who want to apply for this scholarship must complete the application form and submit it via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Recent photo
- 2 letters of reference
- Scanned PhD certificate
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a PhD in the fields of the humanities and social sciences.
- Language Requirement: The candidates must be fluent in the language necessary. However, English language knowledge may also come in handy.
The winning scholars will be awarded the following benefits by the Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) for a period of up to 5 months:
- A monthly stipend of 850 Euro (liable to 10% income tax) to cover living expenses related to the stay in Sofia
- Accommodation in Sofia, comprising living quarters and working space. The Fellows will also have free access to the CAS library and electronic resources/databases;
- Travel from the home country to Sofia and back, visa and insurance costs (up to 800 Euro)
- Research field trip abroad during the fellowship period – up to 1200 Euro (a one-time allowance)
- Research expenses (100 Euro per month)
Leave a Reply