The call for applications is made for PhD students or scientists who are keen on working on a project on gender balance. Applications can be made by all interested candidates. PhD students and established scientists must be enrolled in an institute and have obtained a PhD within seven years by the application deadline, respectively, to be considered. The grant consists of a sum of 10,000 CHF to cover research-related costs.
Clarity of Information
Great chance for students to complete their studies in Switzerland.
The Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) Core Project is a community spread out globally of dedicated and enthusiastic researchers that hold expertise and knowledge of the cryosphere and its interactions with the climate system. CliC is one of the Core Projects of the World Climate Research Program.
The Climate and Cryosphere (CliC), with expertise in simulation, modelling, field observations, process studies, and includes cross-disciplinary work and stakeholder engagement, highlights emerging issues, facilitates exchanges amongst scientists and, with relevant external stakeholders, and ultimately promotes international cooperation.
Application Deadline: The application submission deadline is 1st March, 2023.
- University or Organization: Climate and Cryosphere (CliC)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award:10,000 CHF
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Switzerland
- Eligible Countries: International and Swiss students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The students can enroll in a PhD programmed in their host institutions.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be either PhD students or scientists who have obtained a PhD within 7 years by 1 March 2023.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested candidates must submit an online application form. All candidates will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Activity description
- Letter from supervisor for PhD students
- Confirmation from host institution
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the PhD entry requirements of their host institution.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must meet the language requirements of their host institute.
The selected candidates will be awarded a grant of 10 000 Swiss Francs (CHF) by the Climate and Cryosphere (CliC), which they can utilise for the following:
- Research visits to laboratories, research groups, etc.
- Research synthesis, fieldwork or analysis.
- Promotion of best practice protocols on research in cryosphere regions attentive to societal and community needs and expectations.
- Educational activities/capacity exchanges related to cryosphere research.
- Research/activities to support participation in policy decision processes.
- Science communication efforts aimed at policy making.
- Dissemination and outreach, e.g., production of media pieces highlighting CliC research and activities.